Webseite Beyond Carnism
BEYOND CARNISM PROGRAM MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Program Manager
Reports to: President
Location: Berlin, Germany (Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU.)
ABOUT BEYOND CARNISM
Beyond Carnism is a US-based, international organization dedicated to exposing and transforming carnism, the invisible belief system that conditions people to eat certain animals. Beyond Carnism is the first and only organization that focuses exclusively on carnism, making it a pioneering and landmark institution and a hub of international carnism-awareness activity.
Our programs and campaigns are innovative and powerful, and have a significant global impact. We are run by a team of committed, compassionate, and exceptionally talented staffers and volunteers in the US and Europe.
Beyond Carnism has recently launched the Center for Effective Vegan Advocacy (CEVA), whose mission is to increase the impact of vegan advocacy worldwide. CEVA offers on-site trainings, organizational consulting, grants, and a strategy resource center.
The Program Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing Beyond Carnism programs and campaigns. They will also manage program finances and help create and maintain related budgets. The Program Manager oversees volunteers and staff who assist with the implementation of programs and campaigns. They work closely with the Operations Manager and Social Media Coordinator, and assist in the collection of metrics on all Beyond Carnism programs and campaigns.
- Develop and maintain campaign strategies and programs
- Identify required resources and goals
- Develop and maintain KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for all programs and campaigns
- Manage program and campaign deliverables in line with strategic plan
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders and partners to ensure positive and effective outcomes of projects and campaigns
- Liaise regularly with speaking engagement and CEVA training hosts and partner organizations
- Manage volunteers who arrange travel itineraries and schedules for speaking engagements and CEVA trainings
- Work closely with Social Media Coordinator to ensure effective and timely postings, when relevant
- Manage program and campaign finances and work closely with Operations Manager
- Process and monitor invoices and payments in conjunction with Operations Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record of successfully planning, implementing, and managing programs and campaigns
- Experience working in animal rights / veganism
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to plan and manage multiple programs and campaigns, ensuring delivery to time, cost, and quality standards, often with tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Experience managing finances and budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of carnism and animal rights, and a familiarity with other social justice issues
- Strong commitment to the mission of Beyond Carnism
- Willingness to take on different responsibilities and tasks as needed
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and verbal German communication skills
- Experience with volunteer recruitment, training, management, and retention
- Familiarity collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to Nina Hengl.